I am thankful for my mom, whose birthday was yesterday. We weren't able to give her gift just yet, so instead, Maria and I baked her a cake while the older kids were in school and the big guy was at work. After supper we all went over to her house to celebrate with her. It's been a tough year for her, lots of changes. I hope this day was a good one for her. Happy Birthday Mom!
I am thankful for my dad. Twice this week we had huge house catastrophes, and both times they happened to be at night. When we called my dad to ask, "What do we DO?!" He was here in a matter of minutes. Justin's dad passed away a couple of years ago, and we don't really have any other family members that can help with this kind of stuff, so it's all on my dad's shoulders. He's helped a lot with house stuff that is new to us. And he never grumbles or complains or makes us feel embarrassed. You just can't beat having family whose love is unconditional.
I am thankful that the baby has finally been sleeping a little bit better at night. She certainly has not been my best sleeping baby, and the last couple of weeks I was going several days in a row with no sleep other than cat naps on the couch ... but these last 2 nights, she has slept like a baby. No pun intended.
Too bad, though, that I made the mistake of mixing birthday cake with a Coca-Cola. I had an awful time falling asleep last night!
I am thankful to have a husband who, when we are faced with a disagreement, always listens carefully to my point of view. He never fires back an argument without asking me to explain my side first. And vice versa. This has saved us from a lot of yelling and frustrations. I am thankful that God is very present in our marriage. Because of Him, we have come a long way.
And there is one more. I am thankful for the prayers that have been said through the years for us. You know who you are. For without those prayers, I do look back and wonder if we would have made it past some of our pretty heavy trials and tribulations.
No comments:
Post a Comment