Tuesday, September 21, 2010

2 for Tuesday

BOOKS

All Things Bright and Beautiful, by James Herriot
(click the title for more info)

I stumbled across this book at a school function years ago. It was in a stack of books being given away. I thought it would look nice in my living room at the time (I like to use books for decoration).

One night when I couldn't sleep, I opened it and started to read it. I read several chapters that night, and more the next night, and more the next night, etc. I fell in love with this book, and have now read it many times.

In this book, he talks about his life as a country veterinarian. I laughed, I cried.

I finally told my mother I was reading "this wonderful story called All Things Bright and Beautiful" and her jaw dropped and she went on to tell me this was one of her father's favorite books, and she recalled him laughing and reading parts out loud to her and my grandmother.

It still sits in a stack of favorite books in my living room.


And then, there's....


The Traveler's Gift, by Andy Andrews
(again, click the title for more info)

It's one of those books that...

When I finally convinced the big guy to try and read it, he finished it in 2 days... this is amazing, considering the fact that if it doesn't have pictures, he won't read it... but this one he did, and then he talked about it for several days after.

Yeah, it's just one of those books.

And it, also, is in that stack of books in my living room.









.

No comments:

Post a Comment