Here is how:
oldest son.
Today the big guy, the kids, and I were playing around with that little camera that's built-in to the laptop.
I smiled at this one.
I had felt him rest his head on my shoulder and I turned to look at him.
Not very good quality, but I'm glad the moment was captured.
I smiled at this one.
I had felt him rest his head on my shoulder and I turned to look at him.
Not very good quality, but I'm glad the moment was captured.

He went to the high school football game last night with his friends.
The big guy went to pick him up after the game and I stayed home with the 3 younger ones.
They called me when they were on their way home, and I talked to him.
He was telling me all about his night when we started to lose reception.
Knowing I was going to lose him, I knew we should hang up, so kept saying "I love you! I love you!" while he kept saying, in a panic, "Mom? Mom? I can't hear you very well ... mom?"
It was fading in and out and that was the last thing I heard, him sadly asking for me and not hearing my responses ... and then, silence and nothingness.
It was very eery. And it hurt my heart.
I thanked God when they walked in the door.
I love this little boy.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
And now, youngest son.

I emailed his wonderful teacher to ask how he's doing these in these first weeks of school - academically, AND behavior-wise.
She wrote back a nice email detailing his week and how he's been doing (very well, by the way).
Her email ended with,
"His behavior has been good. A tender heart but that’s OK. Thanks for touching base."
That's my youngest son. So sweet.
And sometimes so painfully sensitive.
It made me smile.
I love this little boy.
.
No comments:
Post a Comment