So, like setting down heavy luggage after a long trip, I very deliberately said to myself, "That's enough. THAT'S ENOUGH! It is time to make some changes."
I knew what I wanted to do, but wasn't sure about how or where to start.
So I started with the first step, which was deleting my Facebook account. THAT was the culprit of my internet time. Everything about it was annoying me, I was spending an unhealthy amount of time on it, and I was missing out on family time. So it was time for it to go. Will I reactivate it? Probably. But not yet. Maybe when I get my priorities back in order.
The second step was getting back on the treadmill. I lost the baby weight remarkably quick, but now, at 8 months postpartum, I have gained a lot of it back. FAIL. It's amazing how when I got into my 30's how fast my metabolism slowed down. So I had set a goal - I had planned to start running again on February 1st. And I have been dreading it. I hate the feeling of a tight chest, my heart thumping so hard I can hear it, legs turning to rubber, and sweat running down my face and tickling in my hair, and the feeling of wanting to puke when I'm done. I hate it. Hate it, hate it, hate it. But I also know that if I don't push myself, I will not see results. So 2 days ago, I started my goal a few days early, and started up my treadmill workout again. And when I get off of the treadmill and catch my breath and regain my leg strength, I feel pretty darn good about myself. It just takes some work to get there.
The third step was cutting back on the pop and unhealthy food. We have actually been slowly kind of working on this one for a few weeks already. But I am really buckling down now, and the first 2 days were rough, but it's getting easier. Water is now my friend when I get the munchies. And so is lettuce. I'm just not ready, though, to cut McDonalds loose. I love the smell of it, I love the taste of it. I love it, love it, love it (oh those fries, and Big Macs, mmmmmm) but that, too, has got to go. Eventually. Just not yet. I will no longer deny how I feel after a McDonalds meal, which is gross, huge, and to be quite honest, I don't even want to DO anything after a McDonalds meal, and then I get the McIck and sit around the rest of the evening, and then, out of the blue I'm hungry all over again. And then, within days, and when the yuck is all out of my system, I'm back hitting that drive-through. So my goal is to not eat there more than twice a month. Hey, it's a start. (And yes, this actually includes all fast food restaurants.)
And it should have just been a given that the fourth step would just fall in step with the first 3. That step being: I've come back around to just focusing on and enjoying my life, my husband and my children again.
And the fifth step wasn't even a step. It just happened. I'm feeling like a new person, and more importantly, my husband and children are enjoying having me back.
And all it took was a full weekend of pushing myself and refocusing.
Now, my only goal is to KEEP IT UP.
.
.
Ya for you! I know and understand all of what you're talking about, and I'm so glad you are nipping it all so early. I will dearly miss you on facebook, but I support your decision and I want you to be happy.
ReplyDeleteLove ya.
Happy for you! And honestly, I would have never suspected that you thought you needed to lose weight. You look really healthy! I do know how you feel. I have been feeling like doing much of the same. We have been eating a lot of Bob's 13 bean soup. I lost a few pounds. Felt great. I even cut out coffee {a miracle for me} but backslid and ate a donut today. Maybe we can help keep each other accountable! I look forward to seeing you when I pick up my M. from school. :-)
ReplyDelete