Friday, October 8, 2010

This is what Maria did today

So today we were sitting on the deck, enjoying this beautiful Indian summer weather (80 degrees can I get a WHAT -WHAT!).


And, well, you know those cheap plastic-tubed chaise lounge chairs you can fold and unfold?  You can get them at Walmart for, like, $11? Mostly used for sun bathing?

Oh forget it.  You have no idea what I'm talking about do you.

Here.  These.


Anyways, the big guy and I were sitting on the bench on the deck marveling at the beautiful day, when we heard a cry and "OWIEEEEEE!" coming from our left.

We looked over to see our sweet our oldest daughter.

She had gotten herself into a tough spot.

She had woven her arms through the plastic tubes and piping of that very chair, and was literally wearing it on her back with her arms spread wide open.

And she was stuck like that.

And crying... and trying to walk toward us, dragging the chair, on her back, behind her.

And my first thought was, "Wow, she looks a lot like Jesus right now."

We both started to kind of laugh, confusedly (is that a word?) and asked, "What are you doing?"

Her response, through her tears... "Being a turtle."

Yep.  That is what Maria did today.



3 comments:

  1. OMG. I just literally LOL'ed. Your kids Heather... *shaking my head*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, poor thing. Now she needs to be a turtle for holloween.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Poor girlie! I laugh, but I do remember doing the same exact thing when I was a kid!

    Judy

    ReplyDelete