Approximately 3 years ago, Maria dialed 9-1-1. They called back, we were embarrassed, and confirmed there was no emergency, and that was that.
Recently, (3 years later, at roughly the same age), Estella did the exact same thing.... at 10:00 at night.
I was in the habit of allowing her to play with my phone. I would just "lock" it, and let her have at it.
And on this particular night, she put it down, and when I picked it up I noticed that the screen said, "emergency call ended".
And I immediately freaked right out.
I looked at the big guy and yelled, "OHMYGOD I THINK SHE CALLED 911!!!"
And then I threw my phone at him and started jumping around.
And he laughed and shrugged like, "what do ya do" and he proceeded to unlock my phone.
And when he brought up the history he informed me that, "Yes, she definitely made an emergency call."
And he also informed me that I had a missed call.
But since I had my phone on mute WE DIDN'T HEAR IT RING.
And then I REALLY started freaking out. I was yelling his name, pacing around, and saying "OMG WHAT DO WE DO!?" while he was telling me to CHILL THE HELL OUT.
And in the meantime, Logan came up from bed to see what all the ruckus was.
And then we noticed there was a voice mail. So we listened to it. And it said,
"This is your 911 emergency dispatcher. We received a call from this phone. If you are having an emergency, please dial 9-1-1 immediately otherwise please return my call."
So the big guy called the number back, because I was shaking and a total wreck. And he explained what had happened. Except they weren't too keen on the fact that HE was calling from a phone that was already in the system under MY name (remember the choking incident?)
So the cops were on their way.
In the meantime I had turned on the scanner to see what they were saying about us, and by now I was laughing.
And then my mom called. And she said, "WHAT'S GOING ON?" And then she started laughing. Because my dad had his scanner on and said, "Our son-in-law is on the scanner! Apparently his 1 year old daughter called 911!"
The cops came, we explained what happened, and the sheriff's deputy explained that they prefer to check on the calls after something similar happened in Madison, where it turned out someone was actually getting murdered but the intruder was playing it off as an accidental call.
So that was exciting. Logan loved it. Estella thought it was pretty cool. The big guy was just like, "eh whatever". And I was mortified and apologized profusely.
.
We have a fun little board book with numbers that make sound on it...made my kids think about trying a real call, but it has not happened yet! This was very funny reading!
ReplyDelete