Tuesday, September 20, 2011

A little story about Sam

A few years ago I went to pick up the boys from school, and for those that don't know - they attend Catholic school.  Sam must have been in about 1st grade or so...

So anyway.  I stood in the gym waiting for them to be dismissed, and chatted a bit with the teachers and Father Tom while I waited.  Father Tom was munching on an apple as we chatted.



Eventually the children were dismissed and we headed out to the truck to head home.

On the way home, I casually asked, like every other day, "How was school today boys?"

Logan said, "Good..."

Sam said, "Good... I saw God."

I answered, "Um... you DID?"

He said, "Yep!  He was there today!  He was in our classroom."

And once again, just like many times before, my heart swelled as I was sure my child was gifted.  I mean, holy crap, my child SAW GOD.

I continued the conversation, saying things like, "Yes, God is all around us all the time..."  and blah blah blah and I eventually blurted out, "So what did He look like???"

And Sam answered, "Well jeez mom, he was right there in the gym with you ... talkin' to you and eatin' his apple!"

If you are as confused as I was, please refer to the second paragraph of this story.

Sam thought Father Tom was GOD!

And yes, I totally emailed a copy of this to Father Tom.




.

2 comments:

  1. The entire story did not post... we're missing the end of the story... the "punchline".

    ReplyDelete