Take, for instance the one time that....
Our children go to a Catholic school, and there is a large, beautiful crucifix hanging on the gymnasium wall.
Well, one day a couple of years ago, when Maria was a toddler, she and I went to pick the boys up from school.
As we stood in the gymnasium, she was observing that crucifix, pointing at it and asking what it was.
So the boys and I were explaining in simple terms that his name is Jesus.
She said, matter of factly, "He's hanging there sweeping huh?"
Except, she was still working on the "L" pronunciation, so she kept saying it, trying to force her tongue to work out the "L" sound, going, "Sweeeping... sweeeeeeping...", and finally she got it, "Sleeping!"
And without missing a beat, Sam, who was 6 at the time, bless his heart, bent down and corrected her, also matter of factly saying, "Nooo, he's DEAD, Maria... DEAAAAAD."
.
Love this story... makes me laugh every time I hear it. :)
ReplyDelete