Friday, December 24, 2010

Passin the time...

PASSING THE TIME...



WATCHING ELF


Due to certain ... "circumstance", and also an unexpected sad family emergency which has everyone on our toes, all of the grandparents and relatives have shipped, mailed and dropped off the kids' gifts at our house this year. 

They have spilled out from under the tree.

AND IT LOOKS LIKE THIS.


It's driving them crazy.

They have eaten breakfast.
They have eaten lunch.
They have played games inside the house.
They have played games outside the house.
Ran up and down the hallways.
Ran up and down the stairs.
Squealed and laughed and cried.
They have messed up the house.
And helped clean up the house. 

And it's not even noon yet.

But the time just isn't going by fast enough ... and I finally caved and ... *gasp* ... I actually SUGGESTED they watch a movie!

Soon, I will take them in to buy their gifts for each other, and after that, if necessary I will put in The Polar Express and, again, SUGGEST we all sit and watch it!
And, tonight, after Christmas Eve Mass, will be our Christmas Eve tradition of The Nativity Story

And then, I'm considering sleeping on the couch to deter them from sneaking out of their bedrooms in the middle of the night!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment