As I battle on through this miserable cold
hacking and coughing and wheezing and sniffling
I fondly recall ...
As I wake up early to dress 4 children and head in to school,
Christmas concerts and parties,
church,
Christmas concerts and parties,
church,
through the stores to get groceries and gifts,
doing laundry and cleaning and chores,
nursing the baby through the day and night,
and continually trying to remember to take my doses of Robitussin and/or Mucinex
and continually trying to remember to take my doses of Robitussin and/or Mucinex
I fondly recall ...
....
before I was a wife
before I was a mother
before I was a grownup
...
I fondly recall the days
when I would have horrible colds
much like this one
The days when I could lay in bed
and sleep for hours
and sometimes even days
until the cold was gone and I could wake up healthy and refreshed.
Yup.
Those were the days.
.
.
No comments:
Post a Comment