Friday, November 26, 2010

My Kids Have No Talent!

Dinner Table Conversation on November 26, 2010

Me:  "There's a talent show coming up for the school. So, guys, let's think about your talents."

Oldest son:  "Well, I can play football..."

Me:  "Well, yes, that is a talent, but I'm sure they prefer something you could do ON A STAGE, so football wouldn't work."

Him: "Can't someone, like, throw it deep and I catch it?"

Me: "Um.  No."

And then the big guy started to chuckle because the baby was making faces at the peas he was feeding her.

And then the youngest son piped up:  "Well I can beat a level on a video game in 10 seconds..."

Hmmm.
 
Maybe it's time to sign them up for some type of classes.  Or lessons.  Or ... something.  

And then I looked over at the oldest daughter, who looked incredibly sad and I asked her what was wrong and then she started to cry.

And she said, "I was very mean to my dolls and I yelled at them."

So I said, "Huh.  Yeah, you need to always be nice to your dolls so you don't hurt their feelings.  And if you're nice to your dolls you won't feel sad at suppertime."

And she agreed.

And then I looked over at the baby and she was gagging on her peas.  And that was pretty funny so we all laughed.  And then the baby started to laugh too.  And there were peas all over her face.

And that's how our dinner conversation went tonight.

It's the little things.

The end.




.

1 comment: