Thursday, January 9, 2014

Here is everything that happened over the last 6 months

Well hello there.

This feels awkward, writing in here after so many months.

But, I needed the break.

And I didn't have the words.

So.  To sum up the last 6 months...

********

After seeing blood in my dad's urine, my mom made an appointment for him.  He was eventually diagnosed with stage II bladder cancer.  
He went through chemotherapy.
Then went into surgery to remove the bladder.
A week after surgery he died unexpectedly in the middle of the night/early morning on September 16th. 
Perhaps one day I will be able to write more about it. 
But for now, that's all I have to say about that.

*********

This happened:
During dinner one night, Sam was talking randomly about the 7 days of creation and I was quizzing him on what happened on each day. 
 He nailed all of them. 
Except for when I said, "what happened on the 7th day?" 

He gave me a blank stare, and after we gave him hints without luck, Justin finally blurted out "He rested, Sam!" 

We laughed. 

And then I asked sam, "So what day was that?" 

Sam said, "ummm... Sunday?"

I said, ".... Right ... But what's it called?"

He thought about it for a moment, and then said, "The end of the weekend?"
**********
 I turned 36, and I posted this on Facebook-
"Justin gave me a couple of new sweatshirts. I told kids all I wanted was chocolate or candy, and an address book. I now have about one hundred snickers bars, fifty milky ways, and a real nice address book! I was laughing so hard opening my presents, love it."
**********
Maria asked me to put a sandwich in her hair.
She meant a bun.
**********
I had to break up a very serious argument between Estella and Maria. 
They were playing church and Estella was very, VERY angry because she wanted Maria to be Father Tom, but Maria was REFUSING to be Father Tom.

So I said, "Estella, why can't YOU be Father Tom?" 
She did not want to. 
She wanted to be a little kid. 

So I finally stepped in and I was Father Tom. 
Then they laughed at me and refused to come up for communion.
 So Justin jumped in and helped me out and he came up for communion. 
And then they didn't want to play church anymore.
**********
Maria wrote me a note that said "you are not the boss of me, I am not a little kid anymore. I want to spend my money. I been working hard for it."
(sidenote, she only had $2.  I had told her she needed to save for a little while longer.  Also, she is 6.)
*********
My mom is still doing great fighting her STAGE IV breast cancer.  
She recently told me how much she likes the song "ROAR" by Katie Perry.  
Now and forever I will think of her when I hear it.
**********
Logan continued to be an outstanding athlete. 
And continues to be very popular with the girls.
And they continue to raise my blood pressure.
 **********
And that's everything that happened over the last 6 months.
Well.  Not entirely.  But you get the idea.
 




No comments:

Post a Comment