Tuesday, April 2, 2013

stoned to death

One night during Holy Week, we were discussing how back in Biblical times the main form of punishment was being stoned death. 

I said, "Can you imagine what it would be like if we were to get stoned to death for our sins?"  And we went into discussing the 10 Commandments and how everybody breaks those commandments every single day - we are ALL guilty of it, yet the punishments aren't nearly as severe.

In an attempt to drive my point home, I was looking at the older children in their eyes, holding their attention, while they stared back at me wide-eyed, almost looking frightened.

I first looked at Logan and explained how if you were to disobey your parents = stoning.
And I looked at Sam and explained if you're caught lying = stoning.
I looked at Maria and explained if you didn't respect the Sabbath = stoning.
And I glanced back at Logan while explaining if you're caught stealing = stoning...
... at which point, Logan piped up, "Oh I wouldn't have to worry about that, I would have already been dead a long time ago from my first offense." 

No comments:

Post a Comment