Tuesday, April 2, 2013

got any money?

In order for this story to make sense, I must first explain - Our children's school has a fundraiser every year, called The Walk for Virtues.  They collect pledges before going on a several mile walk with all of their classmates.  The money goes toward the school.

We were talking about when is a good time to go around our neighborhood asking for pledges... and that conversation led into the "stranger danger" discussion.

So I was giving Sam and Maria several different scenarios and "what if" situations.

When I asked Maria, "What if you're walking down the road, and a car pulls up next to you and the person is nobody you know, and they said 'Hey, your mom and dad asked me to pick you up and give you a ride home'"  I said, "What would you do if that happened?"

Her response?
 "I'd say 'Okay, but do ya have any money?"

I looked at her and said, "Huh???"

She rolled her eyes and explained, "For the Walk for Virtues.  Duh mom."


No comments:

Post a Comment