Litany Against Fear
Frank Herbert
I must not fear.
Fear is the mind-killer.
Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.
I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.
Where the fear has gone there will be nothing.
Only I will remain.
I read this in an issue of Mothering magazine.
And then I read it again.
And then I read it a third time.
It was an article written by Peggy O'Mara. She wrote about fear and how to deal with it, and ultimately not let it get the best of you.
The last part of the article says:
"There's always something to worry about. If things aren't going to work out, worry does no good. And if things are going to work out regardless, worrying about them will not help. Either way, worry is useless. It's a sign of being off balance, over-extended, overtired, or out of control. As parents, we can't afford it. It robs our energy, ruins our health, and sets a bad example. Therefore, we must somehow find the courage to fight fear in hand-to-hand combat, cut off its head, and claim our birthright: Paradise is a state of mind."
I read this in an issue of Mothering magazine.
And then I read it again.
And then I read it a third time.
It was an article written by Peggy O'Mara. She wrote about fear and how to deal with it, and ultimately not let it get the best of you.
The last part of the article says:
"There's always something to worry about. If things aren't going to work out, worry does no good. And if things are going to work out regardless, worrying about them will not help. Either way, worry is useless. It's a sign of being off balance, over-extended, overtired, or out of control. As parents, we can't afford it. It robs our energy, ruins our health, and sets a bad example. Therefore, we must somehow find the courage to fight fear in hand-to-hand combat, cut off its head, and claim our birthright: Paradise is a state of mind."
No comments:
Post a Comment