Saturday, August 14, 2010

TOY IN THE FAUCET

Our dear, sweet, darling youngest son.... *sigh* .... oh where do I start?

I'll start from the beginning. He was taking a bath this evening, when the big guy and I heard a loud wail come from the bathroom, followed by sobs. Loud sobs at that.

I ran in to the bathroom to discover youngest son, sitting in the bath, head hung low, sobbing uncontrollably.

I did a quick scan of his body to see where he was hurt... only to find nothing.

When asked what happened, it took 3 stuttering attempts before he was able to cry out "MY ACTION FIGURE IS IN THE FAUCETTTTTTT"


.....



^ that is exactly what I did. I looked at him and then at the faucet in silence and utter confusion, and simply said, "What?"

He repeated it.

So I went to work.

But first I kicked him out of the tub.

And then I grabbed the camera.

The faucet:


I started digging:



The damn thing was flipped just right - where I could get a hold of him, but he'd get wedged and I'd lose patience and then lose him altogether and go fishing for him again.

See my frustration? And my rings? I was seriously almost crying at this point.


And then I started to wonder, is this what it's like when a baby is trying to be born, but is stuck and the docs and/or midwives need to do 'adjusting'?

Then the big guy took over.



He was more patient than I.


And after much grunting, yelling, pulling, and encouragement, it came out.

Looking like this.


This was originally a very small toy. But it is now stretched to the max. So now youngest son is using it as the 'monster' of the group. He's pretty happy.

That kid.... gotta love him.

No comments:

Post a Comment