Monday, June 6, 2011

sleeping arrangement

Would you like to hear another story about something funny that Maria did?

Ok.

Tonight, at bedtime, she frantically ran and grabbed a large sheet of paper and started to vigorously color and scribble on it.

As we were gently trying to persuade her with "come on, it's time to get into bed now", she kept telling us to "hang on I'm not done yet..."

So we waited a couple of more minutes until she was ready.

And then, she picked up that large sheet of scribbled-on paper, put it on her bed, and then laid on it.

We all stood around her, confused... and as I tried to grab the paper from under her, she stopped me, saying "No!  It's my NEST!" and then, as I gave her a hug and a kiss, and started to cover her up with her blankets, she again stopped me, "No!  Don't tuck me in because I'm sleeping in a NEST."

2 comments:

  1. Duh. Everybody knows you don't need to be tucked in when you're sleeping in a nest.

    ReplyDelete