Sunday, May 20, 2012

My Girl is having a rough day





She had 2 late nights in a row.
Yesterday was her little sister's birthday party.
Her brother that she has a love-hate relationship with has been gone most of the weekend.
Today she slammed her finger in the door.
And earlier she got scolded because she didn't help her little sister clean up a mess they had created together.

Later on, I found her sitting at the kitchen counter, with her head resting on her arms, quietly crying.

It broke my heart.  
I gave her a hug, and told her how much mommy loves her.
... and since The Big Guy is home, I asked if she'd like a hug from daddy.
She nodded sadly.
She didn't just take a hug, she crawled right up onto his lap.
He said, "Did you know I used to rock you every day when you were a baby? 
I miss it."

She said, "Me too daddy."

And then she fell asleep.

I love it when the little girls need hugs and snuggles.
It breaks my heart and fills my heart all at once.
I treasure every hug and cuddle and snuggle.
But I appreciate it when The Big Guy is home, and it's him who holds our daughters in his arms when they're feeling 
blue, mad, hurt, confused, lost, or lonesome.
Because hopefully, as they get older, they'll know that they can run into his arms...
... rather than the arms of the first schmuck that comes along.









.

No comments:

Post a Comment