Friday, May 6, 2011

The Orange Pyramid

So yesterday was 'bring your favorite fruit to school' day.  The kids were excited and had each decided which fruit they were each going to bring. 

And then, just as I was getting ready to pull into the school parking lot, I asked, "Now, you all have your fruits right?"

And because it's just the way our lives go, they all quietly mumbled, "no... forgot."

....

So I RACED to the grocery store nearest to the school and we all RAN in and I was all like, "OMG!  Everyone pick your fruits QUICK!"

And Logan asked, "Whoa mom can I get KIWI?"

"Yes Logan you can!  Come on everyone pick your fruit - we have to go!"

And Logan asked, "Wow mom!  They're really cheap!  Only 2 for a dollar!  Can I get 2 kiwis?"

"Yes!  Sam and Maria what do you want?  Apple?  Banana?  Orange?  PICK SOMETHING!  We have to go!"

Sam was thrilled to get a RED APPLE for himself.  Because we usually buy yellow or green apples and they get boring.

So, Sam got his red apple and Logan got his 2 kiwis, 

and that.... 

leaves.... 

Maria...

"Maria, come on honey, oranges are there, apples are there, bananas are there... which one do you want?  We are late so hurry up and choose one."

She pointed at the oranges, ran over to them, and it was like slow motion...

She reached over to the pyramid of oranges...

and as she was reaching over to grab one from the bottom of the pile...

I was shrieking, "NOOOO!!!"

and oranges started plopping onto the floor everywhere.

Logan and Sam, bless their hearts, RAN to the oranges and started darting around picking them up and holding the pile up while I held the baby with one arm, and tried to hold the pile with the other, and stood there, freaking out, and yelling "OMG!  ARE YOU KIDDING ME RIGHT NOW?  WHY THE HELL DID THEY STACK THEM LIKE THIS!!?   AAAARGHGHGH!" 

And it was like a heavenly chorus when I heard, over the loud speakers,

"COURTESY TO PRODUCE PLEASE ... 

COURTESY TO PRODUCE...

THANK YOU"




.

2 comments: